Thursday, June 30, 2011

OUch!

There are so many things I am grateful for, however the basics are never taken for granted, like being able to walk. Unfortunately, I have had a lifetime of knee injuries. I would like to say that it is just one knee due to some interesting sporting event, but this is not the case. Both knees have been a medical mystery for years, dislocating, tearing tendons, ligaments and just plain inflammation for not apparent reason.

So once again I find myself in a position of dependence. I know how fortunate I am to have two daughters that jump in and pick up my life carrying on as if it were nothing. They have been incredible, driving me, feeding me, teaching my classes and taking care of my every need. I feel so humbled to have these two wonderful young women as my daughters.

My extended family that shows up at the hospital and waits with me for hours, thank you. The phone calls and e-communications are so appreciated.

And my dear friends that have also sat with me, talked with me and listened to me. I am truly grateful.

I cannot express my gratitude enough for everyone's help through yet another knee incident.
Thank you and I love you.

No comments: