Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Adventures in creativity





As the snow silently drifts down, I am grateful to be warm and busy. I am packing up some art to send to Katie Beswick at Grafix. She will be showing several of my pieces at CHA, Craft and Hobby Association, January 29th - February 1st in California at the LA Convention Center, Booth 2414. If you are not familiar with CHA, it is a craft show for companies involved in the art and crafts industry. I am honor that Grafix is representing my work. Their product line is a mixed media artist dream. Double Tack Mounting Film, this archive double sided adhesive, is fabulous for adhering collage materials to art. I have never been disappointed in its performance or ability.

I also love using adhesive back transparency sheets, they go through the printer easily and adhere without curling or bubbling. This was the product that pulled together project Bandana in my book Collage Playground and also featured in Paint Box 52 Weekly Projects (Tonia Davenport, F + W Media).

Another product that can another layer of detail to your art is Rub-onz Transfer Sheets, this product enables you to make your own rub-on transfers. The three leaves in art piece X Y Z
were made by pressing leaves and then copying (Kodak AIO printer) onto the Rub-onz Transfer Sheets. The process is very simple and the rewards are tremendous.

Check out this line of products online at Grafix.com or in your hometown arts or craft store.

No comments: