Monday, December 13, 2010

Ending the year.

2010 has brought many wonderful and creative things into my life and I am grateful. "Paint Life Grand" at the Village Deli has proven to be a delightful monthly event. And I am looking forward to meeting more creative and fun people in the months to come. A tentative schedule for 2011 looks something like this:
January 20th - featured art - Big Red Flower
February 17th - featured art - o Be Announced at a later date.
March 10th - featured art - To Be Announced at a later date.

Please mark your calendar for January 6th, (Thursday) 5:00PM-8:00PM for an art show featuring myself and Cyndi McGrail. Cyndi will show a grouping of beautiful watercolors. I will be debuting Project 2020. This project is comprised of 202 four inch by four inch panels created as a collaboration with the future high school graduating class of the year 2020. Resourcing their art to be included in this collaborative endeavor was quite a challenge. The perimeters I set forth in this project, pushed me beyond my comfort zone.

Collaboration was my common denominator with this small body of work. One piece entitled "The Joke Thief" was inspired from a series of postcards from a Scottish man I have never met.
Also in this show is a piece inspired by illustrator Janina Domsenka. Her talents and story took me to a very peaceful place.

Needless to say this show will make you curious if nothing else. So, please plan on attending and let me know your thoughts.

No comments: