Monday, June 22, 2009

I have found that I love using pressed flowers in my artwork. Of course the problem with this is the application of the flower and its' longevity. The solution that has worked best for me is making a color copy of the flowers on vellum paper. This creates not only beautiful imagery but also gives the flowers a unique appearance. After you have made a color copy, apply double tack film to the back of the paper, cut out and adhere to your collage. The flowers look real, in fact, I am often asked if they are actual flowers. 

The artwork shown here are layers with an original vintage map, a color copy of a handwritten page on transparency paper (with adhesive back) and finally the color copy of flowers on vellum paper. Questions? Please feel free to contact me at ksantiago@bellsouth.net.
Create!

1 comment:

Kerin said...

Wow the flowers with the map look really interesting!!! I love this piece.