Monday, February 16, 2009


Creating my collages in the past weeks has been learning experience. I embrace the powerful drive that overcomes my mind to create art. I understand more and more how one can indulge into art and creation. I am reminded of a verse from a poem by Alice Walker; a woman is wilderness unbounded, holding the future between each breath, walking the earth, only because she is free, and not creepervine or tree, Nor even honeysuckle or bee.

Right now, I am processing many thoughts about my work, and what a great opportunity to have. Working through, the good, the bad and the ugly, I feel that I too am holding the future between each breath.

1 comment:

Brittney said...

These past few weeks have taught me to look around me and enjoy all the beauty in the world. The smell of fresh rain, the sound of children laughing and the feel of a warm embrace. When I see your art, I smell, hear, and feel all of those things. Making something beautiful out of the ordinary is a true talent. Thank you for sharing with all of us.